Ten ways to help make a big impact
by making little impact
1. Choose to reuse with shopping bags and bottled water. Our Juco Tote Bags and Canvas Shopper Bags can help save 170 plastic bags per person, per year. Our reusable drink bottle and Tap to Pay drink bottle can help save 167 plastic water bottles per person, per year.
2. Refuse single-use packaging, excess packaging, straws and other disposable plastics. Carry reusable utensils such as our collapsible stainless steel straws to use at restaurants, cafes or BBQs.
3. Reduce everyday plastics such as glad wrap, sandwich bags etc... by replacing them with a reusable lunch box or our Australian made beeswax wraps to wrap your sandwich or leftovers in.
4. Bring your reusable cups with you to the cafe or restaurants that let you use them. (Covid-19 has obviously hampered this effort - hopefully temporarily). Alternatively, in such times, save money and make your own coffee, tea or smoothie to take with you on the run in one of our No-Spill Travel Cups or Frank Green 'Tap to Pay' cups. These cups are also great for cold drinks, wine and cocktails at your next outdoor picnic rather than single-use plastic cups.
5. Go digital! Operate a no-plastic/paper work environment. Store everything including meeting notes etc... on your device. This stops the need for plastic pens and even plastic covered notepads and books. It also allows you to file your notes better and upload them to a 'cloud' so they never get lost.
6. Seek out alternatives to plastic items that you use a lot.
7. Recycle! If you must use plastic, try to choose PETE or HDPE, which are the most commonly recycled plastics. Avoid plastic bags and polystyrene foam as they have very low recycling rates.
8. Volunteer at beach cleanups in your local area. Clean up Australia Day in March every year is a great time to get involved and meet like-minded people.
9. Support single-use plastic bans on plastic bags, polystyrene foam, cutlery, straws and bottle legislation. SA, WA and QLD have all tabled and/or approved legislation to be enforced in the coming years.
10. Be the change you want to see in the world. Set an example by using your reusable cups, drink bottles, bags, straws and talk to your family and friends about why it is important to beat the plastic plague.